New Years Resolutions

The final day of 2017 is finally here. Can't say I'll miss the year all that much.

I mean, there have definitely been some good times, such as Miracle Day 4, all the Pride parades I went to, and Sherlocked (and maybe even moving to Wales to start a new life at university), but overall the year has been pretty damn shit.

Currently, it is 22:54, I have been drinking since about 8pm (both prosecco and Baileys), and I am not too sure how I feel about the new year.

I was looking earlier at my resolutions for 2017 and I'm not too sure what I was drinking when I made them, but clearly, I expected more of myself than was ever possible. I wanted to sustain friendships with three people in particular (two of which I am still close to today), learn how to drive (laughs into the distance), lose weight (which I definitely haven't done), get into university (which did happen somehow), read 20 books (it seems that this year, books were not my thing), reread the Sherlock Holmes novels (I managed to get my mum to bring them from my house to Aberystwyth if that counts?), and lots of other things that I don't remember right now.

My goals for next year are relatively simple, I think:


1. Pass my first year of university - so far things have been okay, but I need to work on my exam technique and maintain my passion for my degree

2. Weigh less than 11 stone - this one doesn't matter too much because I was 12 stone at the beginning of 2017 and 11 and a half at the end so...

3. See the Edwart Lives group chat more than once (I saw Amy, Laura and Lottie at least twice this year so) - I aim to see Heather as much as possible and not give a shit about money

4. Be kinder to myself and to other people - I want to also try to maintain friendships/make more friends while removing anyone I think isn't benefitting my mental health 

5. Go to Sherlocked again if I can - there are so many actors in the show that I haven't had the chance to meet (e.g. Toby Jones and Lara Pulver), and there's so many that I want to meet again because they've been so lovely when I've met them


6. Go to London Film Comic Con so that I can meet Pearl Mackie (aka Bill Potts)


7. See Siân Brooke again if I can - Love of my life, my soul, my heart 


8. Keep this blog going for the year (even if it is only one post a month)


9. Get a job - I've not had one since I left my mum's house and it's starting to drive me crazy


10.
Surprise my mum in some way - it's her 40th birthday this year so I want to do something special for her. I'm thinking either tickets to see 'Mamma Mia' or passes for the Harry Potter Studios because she's only been once and she was in a wheelchair at the time, so she couldn't do very much. 

But my biggest goal is to really start living my life. I turn 20 in December (can we go back to 2017 now?) and I don't really feel that I've tried to do everything that I want to do. If I want to see Benedict Cumberbatch in a play, I am going to go and see him in a play (if he does one, obviously). If I want to eat 1000 apples when my braces are off, I am going to eat 1000 apples. I am going to be who I want to be and do what I want to do.


Beyond that, I rewatched The Final Problem yesterday and I forgot how much I enjoyed it. Watching Siân playing Eurus Holmes in such a way, and knowing how she feels about Eurus, is too good to give up. It's definitely not the best episode of the lot, but I like it. 




I've spent the last few hours of my 2017 watching the Deathly Hallows and Kingsman, so I don't think it could get much better than that really. 


I hope that you have all had an enjoyable 2017, even if it hasn't always been the best year for you, and that the new year treats you well. Here's to new starts and the old me in 2018 becoming more developed.

Thank you very much for reading this. My blog has hit 1000 reads which is something I never imagined would happen. 

No comments